- 90%+ of blog posts have been re-imported; I believe I have copies of the missing ones, but they didn’t play nicely with the importer script. I’ll probably get them up some day, but if you find you’re looking for a specific one that doesn’t show up, drop me a line and I’ll re-import it by hand .
- Categories have been re-built for imported entries, so those following category specific feeds, you should see the related entries. I’m not sure it’s 100%, but this is somewhat non-critical, so probably will be left as is. If you find something really wrong or think something is worth updating, just let me know.
- Speaking of search, none of the entries show up in search results right now. I believe I need to store the text bodies in multiple places for the search code to work against it, but I haven’t looked to closely at that. It is something I plan to fix though (actually I think all of search is broken now… woopsie)
- Each entries unique identifier should have been preserved, which means that you should be able to map old entries to new ones with a little url hacking. For example, if you are looking for the old entry
http://people.planetpostgresql.org/xzilla/index.php?/archives/149-out-parameter-sql-plpgsql-examples.htmlyou can find it on the new blog by going to
http://www.xzilla.net/index.php?/archives/149-out-parameter-sql-plpgsql-examples.html(This could probably be turned into a nice apache re-write rule, but that’s up to the planetpostgresql.org maintainer, not me)
- links and styles don’t work in old blog posts; the links are there, but they got converted into some kind of wiki formatting during conversion. I probably won’t go back and fix this, but again if you really need a specific post cleaned up, let me know. (Or if someone can come up with some generic sql replacement fu I can run, I’d be inclined to try it
- Comments are all missing, but I think I have them all, and with the id preservation, this should be something that is recoverable, I just haven’t gotten to it yet.
Over the Holidays I spent some time pushing forward with recovering my old blog posts and getting them loaded into the new blog. While the posts are now visible, not everything is 100%, so I thought a quick run-down of what works and what doesn’t might be appropriate.