tagged me for the 7 things, uh, thing. For some reason this chain feels appropriate given the turn of a new year, so here are 7 things (possibly wierd) you may have not known about me:
- Despite having only lived in Maryland for about 2 years, I’m pretty much a lifelong Orioles fan. I think it’s because their team colors are orange, and I used to live in Florida. That makes sense to a 4 year old.
- Except for a pair of dress shoes, I’ve been wearing crocs exclusively for almost three years. This is more by accident than by design, I really expect I will buy sneakers in 2009. (Of course I said that about 2008…)
- I used to work as the lead Usability Analyst for a web recruiting company, but gave up the profession and eventually switched to database work. One problem you *don’t* have as a DBA is every schmuck whose visited a website thinking they know how to do your job better than you.
- I was big into techno music back in college, and held my own event, which ended up drawing only about 50 people (most likely due to a lack of drugs… I really just liked the music). It was billed, appropriately, as “microrave”.
- My youth had a certain international flavor to it, and because of that I’m a few airport stop-overs shy of having been in more countries than states (around 20 each).
- Probably the wierdest prank I pulled in High School involved sneaking in a 2ft stack of pancakes (with butter and syrup) to leave on my homeroom teachers desk. We always thought he dressed like a lumberjack, and wanted to make sure he was eating appropriately.
- I remember copying programs out of computer mags as a young child, but I think the first program I made on my own was a script to trend stock information for my dad, coded in BASIC on our Apple II GS.
And now as reward, I get to tag 7 others and see what they have to share; make sure to pester all of them until they post :-)
- Selena Deckleman, because learning wierd things about cool people is always fun
- Baron Schwartz, because I need more insight into what lead him down the path of the dark side
- Greg Smith, because we haven’t hung out in awhile
- Magnus Hagander, because I owe him one for making me learn python regular expressions
- Bruce Momjian, because he doesn’t believe in the blogsphere
- Paul M Jones, because he’s trying to write a framework that doesn’t suck
- Jon Tan, because he is still new and shiny, and I don’t know much about him
Oh yeah, I almost forgot the rules (which, oddly, there are only four of…)
- Link your original tagger(s), and list these rules on your blog.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post - some random, some weird.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs and/or Twitter.