Some of you may have noticed a minor url change, so I thought I should probably toss out a quick blog update to let you know that I’ve switched my blog to be SSL only. I’ve been meaning to do this for a bit but round tuits and all; I ended up finally making the switch as I also moved the site behind Cloudflare, which provides a number of web related services, including the aforementioned SSL coverage (for free) as well as caching services, so in theory the site should be just a bit faster for folks.
For those with a deep curiosity, this means my stack is now Octopress as a static site genarator. Those files are uploaded to Surge.sh which does static site hosting. And now Cloudfront sits in front of the site, managing DNS, providing caching, and the aforementioned SSL. I also keep a copy of the site at Heroku that I occasionally play with. This means my typical workflow is using vim for site updates, and git pushes to get things to the various places they need to go.